Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stressing the destressor to people, being a full circle product.

I have been thinking a lot about how I can change up my routine and my selling points so that I can A) pick up new clients and B) really give my clients the results that they really want in the time that they have or, more accurately, can afford. I don't have any certain specialties and I don't really specialize my training around any certain equipment. I actually try to use as little equipment as possible. I just sell results. Plain and simple. I don't see a problem with that, it's a good selling point, I think. I have my slogan that I stick with that is posted all over my website, Facebook, etc. "I dedicate my life to creating a new body out of any body. Now, let me sculpt yours." However, all this said, I still think it is important to look at things from all different angles. My job, like any other job, is 3 Dimensional. With the new campaign from BTS (if you are in the gym business and aren't familiar with BTS, do yourself a favor and check out www.bodytrainingsystems.com) being that exercise is the "perfect way to curb stress". It got me thinking in my head and really just reiterated the fact that I'm more than just a trainer and I have to definitely appear that way to my clients and to the people around me who are, let's face it, all potential clients. KEY POINT: In this industry EVERYONE, I stress EVERYONE is a potential client. Never forget that. Some days I feel like a cheap street trick because I'm constantly selling myself. CONSTANTLY. In selling myself to people, I have to sell a full circle product. People won't buy in if they aren't convinced and they will NEVER buy in if they aren't properly educated. I can't just sell that I change peoples' bodies. I'm more than that. Just like BTS states in their new releases for group fitness; I'm most certainly an anti-stress med. I'm also a coach, a teacher. I enable people to live better, longer, fuller lives.

How do I bring home the idea of a full circle product? Well, for starters I have to act the role that I want to sell. If I want to start selling myself as a destressor, I can't be walking around as a big, wound up ball of constant tension. Second, I have to educate myself if I'm ever going to properly educate others. Believe it or not, as good as you think you may be at slinging lines of BS, people will eventually smell it and call you out on it. There is no worse feeling than being put in your place by a client, especially in this industry because we all get put on a little pedestal anyway. It's sort of a perk of the job, we all enjoy it even if just a little bit, whether you admit it or not. Clients expect us to sort of know it all so it's important to maintain and educate so we sort of do know a little bit of everything. Last point, a full circle product will inevitably sell itself. I shouldn't ever have to push it on anyone to buy it. If it is a good, well rounded product people will buy in. I just want to make sure I can back my product up when the time comes. Pushy salesmen only push people away.

No comments:

Post a Comment